WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
We are showcasing stories from our community that answer the question ‘Why is great to live in Canada and Ontario?’ ShoutOut 150 is a part of the exciting DiverseCity 150 celebration for Canada’s 150th anniversary, being held May 25-28 in Windsor. We are inviting community members to submit their stories about ‘Why it’s great to live in Canada and Ontario so that they can be selected by our jury to participate in our live-storytelling event, ShoutOut 150. Winning storytellers will receive a $100 honourarium and will have the opportunity to share their story ‘live’ on stage at our Shout Out 150 presentation and reception.
- Event Date: Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Event Time: 2pm – 4pm
- Event Location: Windsor Jewish Community Centre, 1641 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, ON
- Theme for the Stories: ‘Why is it great to live in Canada and Ontario?’
- Event Details: Local Celebrity Guest Storytellers and 10 winning community storytellers will tell their stories ‘live’ on stage
Written Story Submission:
- Each 5-minute story will be based on a true, personal experience about living in Canada/Ontario. Describe your 5-minute story by answering one of the following questions in a MAXIMUM of 200 words: o What do you love about being an Ontarian?
- What is your coming-to-Canada or coming-to-Ontario as an immigrant story?
- What do you want to celebrate about being in Canada/Ontario?
- While your descriptive story submission to the jury will be no more than 200 words, your actual 5-minute story presentation is expected to last 5 minutes
- Please send your 200-word story description in a word document (.docx/.doc) only
- Please include in the email subject line: Shout Out 150 Story Submission by [YOUR FULL NAME]
- Please include a cover letter with the following contact information: Full Name, Email address, phone number, mailing address AND confirmation that this is your true personal story
- Please put your cover letter and story description in the SAME Word document with the cover letter as the first page
- Please submit your story description via email to JCCShoutOut150@gmail.com
- Please submit your story description by Monday, April 10, 2017
Winning Storyteller Details:
- You may be asked to attend a brief in-person meeting with the Jury between April 10 and April 30, 2017, or to have a telephone conference call during the same period
- Winning storytellers will be contacted no later than Monday, May 1, 2017
- Winning storytellers will each receive a $100 honorarium at our ShoutOut 150 storytelling reception on May 28, 2017
- Winning storytellers will go on stage to tell their story
SUBMISSION CHECK LIST:
- Cover Letter – word document (.docx)
- Maximum 200-word story description– word document (.docx)
- Confirmation in cover letter that this is your true personal story
- Email to JCCShoutOut150@gmail.com by Monday, April 10, 2017